After a combination of boiled linseed oil followed up by an oil / urethane blend, I finally finished up the birdseye maple lamp. This is the first version of the lamp that I built with a dimmer switch. I’m sure it’s not evident from the photos, but the switch makes a tremendous difference. The bulbs can put off a lot of heat, and the dimmer allows you to dial in the brightness to just the right level. I’m pretty sure this will be a standard part off all future builds.
December 14, 2012 at 2:06 pm
December 27, 2012 at 8:32 pm
Just received the lamp.
I’m pleased beyond words!!!
I had high expectations but this is amazing.
The grain of the Birdseye + dovetail corners + linseed oil finish= my Fav new art/lamp in my living room.
December 27, 2012 at 8:36 pm
So happy it worked out. Thanks for making me find a dimmer switch. That will now be part of my standard build.